Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2005

Day 7

Back to work! Yes, Sunday was an all nighter, starting at 8pm and rolling until 6:40am. Fun times.

Did go out to a neat Cafe named Fran's. Good espresso grande!


Day 6

Day 6 was amazing! Before I came to this country, I had visions of walking clay lined streets, and checking out different artisans and checking out handmade brazilian crafts.

I was treated many times over. I walked for what seemed like 3 city blocks of all tents that is similar to your garden variety arts and crafts show, but add to it all the people that could possibly fit in the area, bargains everywhere, and live music.

I was treated to a show by the grandfathers of Sala and Bossanova who looked to be in their 80s and still entertaining the crowd. It was a time of cervesas and food and of course, shopping for treats for my family :)

1 comment:

  1. ah I meant to add the achievement of another goal. I'd always wanted a Brazilian wood, authentic Classical Guitar made in Brazil.

    Bam! Scored!

    Part of our day was to go shopping for Violoa's and Guittaros!

    I was with Murillo to help him evaluate his first electric and see if I could do the impossible, find a really good quality guitar for $300R or less. Boy did I.

    I am now the proud owner of a Giannini GWNE 18. It melts the soul.

    ReplyDelete